A Note from Your Youth Services Librarians:
We are here to help! The Grafton-Midview Public Library is committed to supporting local educators through our collection, programming, class visits, educator cards, and more. Please visit the Library, call us at (440) 926-3317, or email us at email@example.com for more information about the services below.
Assignments, Projects, and Materials: Let us help you supplement your curriculum! We are eager to make our collection accessible to educators and students. With advance notice, Youth Services Librarians can pull materials and create booklists for specific projects and topics. We can also help students navigate the research process, online resources, and databases.
Classroom Visits and Outreach: If you are unable to visit the library, let the library come to you! Are you interested in a storytime? Booktalks? Database or technology instruction? Please contact us about scheduling a classroom visit from one of our Youth Services Librarians.
Library Visits and Programs: Schedule a visit and bring your class to the library! Visits generally consist of a tour of the Library, information about the Library's resources, and the chance to get a library card and check out materials.
Educator Card: We offer educator cards with extended loan periods to teachers, homeschooling parents, and daycare staff. To apply for an Educator Card, please visit the Library to complete an application.
Online Databases and Research: It can be a challenge for students to find helpful, accurate information. For help with homework and assignments, check out the resources below. All you need is a library card!
- Biography Reference Bank
- Early World of Learning
- Explora Primary Schools
- Kids InfoBits
- Literary Reference Center
- Points of View Reference Center
- Science Reference Center
- World Book Kids
- World Book Timelines
Book Discussion Sets: Need books for your next classroom discussion or after school book club? Book sets provide multiple copies of popular titles. Sets typically consist of ten to fifteen copies. The following titles are available as sets to check out:
- Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko
- Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
- Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
- The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
- Cool Zone with the Pain and the Great One by Judy Blume
- Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel
- Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Mouse Guard: Fall 1152 by David Petersen
- The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary
- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Secret of the Stone Frog by David Nytra
- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- The Year of the Dog by Grace Lin
Need resources for an upcoming lesson or project? Look these popular topics to get started: